HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
The Ridge is co-sponsoring a house with other area churches, and you can sign-up to help with construction! No experience is needed, and all tools and instructions will be provided with professional supervision. This experience is for individuals ages 18 & up.
The following dates, times, and locations are now available to sign-up on (Max: 12 spots per day are available):
- Saturday, June 16 (siding, 2141 N. 29th St | 8a-4p)
- Saturday, June 23 (insulation, 2201 N. 29th St | 8a-2p)
- Saturday, July 14 (drywall, 2201 N. 29th St | 8a-2p)
To sign-up for one of the above dates, you must first create an account AND register for an event. Just follow these four steps (the entire process will take about 10 minutes):
- Create a Habitat for Humanity account HERE and follow the steps.
- After following the steps, you will be directed to the sign-up page, or you can directly access the page HERE.
- Select any of the dates listed as “The Ridge”.
- Once registered, you will receive confirmation details about the project. Be sure to check your spam folder if you haven’t received the details within an hour of signing up.
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit homeownership ministry building simple, affordable housing in partnership with people in need. All recipients of homes contribute 300+ hours of sweat equity into the construction of their home and pay for the house through an affordable 30-year mortgage.
Still not sure what to do or looking for something different? The DIY Toolbox has vetted organizations that have group friendly opportunities. Each opportunity provides a step-by-step guide and contact information to make it easy for you to serve.
Click on the DIY Toolbox button below to find ways you can get involved.